05 Feb Site Superintendent – Sioux Falls Office
ICS is looking for a Site Superintendent to join our growing Solutions team of professionals in our Sioux Falls, SD office.
The employee is responsible for overall onsite project oversight, monitoring construction scheduling, resource allocation, and providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The project superintendent responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of onsite management.
- Implement various operations through proper coordination.
- Develop effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
- Ensure compliance with the construction documents.
- Review and advise on construction schedule.
- Attend all owner and contractor site meetings.
- Assist in constructible reviews, project phasing, and value engineering.
- Monitor closely all contactors to assure compliance with OSHA safety standards.
- Daily job reports through “Procore,” our Project Management Software.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of assigned projects.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in projects, which include the Owner, architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Inspect and review construction sites.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Represent ICS and its clients in a professional and ethical manner in all duties and activities.
- Management and coordination of final startup, testing, punch list, and occupancy.
- 5+ years of Site Superintendent or similar experience required.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Strong client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel to construction sites as assigned.
- Strong focus on quality.