09 Jan Senior Mechanical Engineer – Pennsylvania Office
ICS Consulting is looking for a well-rounded, self-motivated and client-focused Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team of professionals in our Southeast Pennsylvania location in Media, Pennsylvania (Suburban Philadelphia).
Sr. Mechanical Engineer Job Summary:
The Sr. Mechanical Engineer serves as a technical specialist and would be responsible for developing and applying advanced engineering concepts in their approach to engineering projects related to the principles and design of mechanical and HVAC systems. Their role as a senior engineer will include client interactions and building client relationships. Makes independent decisions on most technical issues. Involved in managing projects of various size and scale that are on-time, on-budget and in line with exceeding client expectations. Other projects and duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Oversee mechanical design projects from start to finish.
- Assist Project Manager in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Managing budgets and minimizing exposure and risk on project designs.
- Ensure that design activities move according to schedule.
- Maintain strict adherence to the quality and safety standards.
- Perform on-site construction administration activities.
- Ensure design documents are complete.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto the client.
- Represent ICS Consulting and its clients in a professional and ethical manner in all duties and activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• P.E. strongly preferred.
• 10+ years of direct, construction industry experience.
• Experience in the HVAC industry is preferred.
• Good communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work on a wide range of projects.
• Team player and a strong self-starter is a must.
• Experience working with K-12 school districts preferred.
• Interest and project experience in energy field preferred.
• Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
• Willingness to travel to construction sites as required and must hold a current driver’s license.